Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Barnyard


Wish I had know how scary Barnyard really was before we headed out to see the first free movie of the summer at Regal.

Don't get me wrong - it was cute.  I laughed out loud many times.  It had a great message about how you need to look out for everyone, not just yourself.  But as B said, "It was a comedy AND a horror movie, ending in an epic battle like Star Wars."  What can I say - I love his way of looking at things.

My problem with the movie?  Let's see....setting aside for a moment the huge issue that the main character is a male COW (yes, you read that correctly, not a bull but a cow), how about the fact [SPOILER ALERT] the main character's father DIES about a quarter of the way into the movie?  Loved explaining to J why the cow was lying still on the ground and seeing her face frozen in shock as she watched that scene.  Then there were the really scary coyotes.  I actually thought we were going to have to leave early as all three kids fidgited in their seats and B came to sit on my lap and bury his head into my shoulder.  I'm glad we were able to stick it out and see that [ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT] good truly does triumph over evil.  I'm hoping the kids can keep that idea in their heads tonight as they fall asleep and the "No Bad Dream Spray" does what it needs to do to keep the nightmares away.

But when it is all said and done, it was free and it was fun. 
Assuming it didn't end up traumatizing all three kids and sending them into years of therapy which will end up costing a fortune, ultimately negating the "free" price of admission.


No comments:

Post a Comment