Friday, July 9, 2010

Allison DeSalvo/Lego Club

Chas and I divided and conquered on Thursday, July 1st.  Since Summer Stage performances have not begun yet (Theater Thursdays), we have been enjoying the Lego Club at Haverford Library on Thursdays.  This Thursday, however, we saw that Allison DeSalvo, one of our favorite performers, was giving a free concert at the Springfield Mall.  Luckily I convinced most of the kids to join me since I thought I would get some weird looks as an adult audience member, making silly faces at the other kids there and singing along without any of my own children in sight.

As always, her performance was great.  She got the kids up and dancing and singing along (or was that just me?) and everybody had a great time.  I even witnessed the world's first children's show heckler.  There was a "gentleman" watching the show who apparently had drunk a little too much of the "coffee" in his cup and began loudly cheering and yelling as the kids began to follow Allison on her music train.  He later approached her guitar player to ask if he could "sing" into the mike.  Last I saw him he was being followed back up the escalator by the mall security.

When the concert was over, B turned to me with a serious face and said, "Now I know why these kinds of concerts are geared for preschoolers.  I just don't have the same kind of energy like I used to."

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment